At the 2017 winter meeting of the Faith Christian School Association, the FCS Board of Directors launched a capital campaign called Faith’s 20:20 Vision “His Mission, Their Future”. To refresh your memory at the start of the 20:20 Vision campaign, FCS was in a hard place. FCS had a budget deficit of $150,000, enrollment was at an all-time low with 114 students, and elementary classes were combined. Our facilities needed some major renovations and repairs, and our technology was out of date. WOW, FCS had many hurdles to overcome!
The purpose of the 20:20 Vision campaign was to raise $220,000 (above the budgeted fundraising) each year, for the next four years, ending in the 2020-21 school year (Totaling $880,000). We asked our families and friends to imagine a revitalized playground, renovated facilities, state of the art technology, a teacher for each classroom including a technology teacher, and 20 students per class, with the overreaching goal of being self-sustaining by the 2020-21 school year and FCS’s 40th Anniversary.
The funds raised were to be used for 3 specific objectives: (Original 20:20 Vision letter)
– 20 Students Per Class
– 20 Staff Members
– 2020 Property Improvements
With Faith’s 20:20 Vision campaign ending, the FCS Board of Directors would like to update and celebrate with you what the Lord has been doing.
Raising $220,000 per year for four years totaling $880,000– Throughout this campaign, God has done amazing things and has shown us that He can meet our needs in ways we never expected. Although, FCS was not able to raise the entire $220,000 in cash each year, we were able to accomplish almost all of our goals. God moved in people to accomplish His will for the 20:20 Vision campaign. When we add up the value of cash donations, grants, goods donated, and services rendered, God blessed FCS with $810,045 over the last four years. That is an average of $202,511.25 per year. Praise the Lord!!
20 Students Per Class – Enrollment has increased by 20% and early indicators show the increase may reach 38% by fall! Many thanks to WebLeaps, a local web-design and social media marketing company, which has contributed to our growth through developing and maintaining our website, managing our social media marketing, and sharing their wisdom.
– In 2016-17, FCS had 114 students K-12th grade.
– FCS currently has 137 students.
– With all the pending applications, FCS is at a possible 157 students and counting for the 2021-22 school year. We have begun a wait list for some elementary classes, and it is only April!
– Due to Covid-19, all of our classes for the 2020-21 school year were capped between 14 and 16 to meet CDC guidelines for social distancing. As of right now, we will start the 2021-22 school year with those same caps.
20 Staff Members – We have actually exceeded this goal! FCS has 21 staff members.
– In 2016-17, FCS had combined 1st & 2nd grades, 3rd & 4th grades, and 5th & 6th grades.
– FCS no longer has any combined classes – each class has their own teacher.
– In September of 2019, FCS hired its first Director of Marketing and Development.
– In the spring/summer of 2021, FCS will be hiring a full-time technology teacher for the 2021-22 school year. Praise the Lord!
2020 Property Upgrades – This is a long list!
– 2015-16: PTF purchased a new swing, slide, and climbing wall set.
– 2018-19: Top soil and grass seed were donated to cover three fourths of the playground, and PTF bought four picnic tables with umbrellas for the playground.
– 2019-20: Joshua Blair put in two new gaga courts and a wood bench for his Eagle Scout project. Mr. Alan Nelson built a new bench for behind the ball stop on the kickball field.
– Summer of 2021: Dave Moyer, co-owner of Papillion and Moyer Excavating, will be putting a new full-size, high school asphalt basketball court on the playground.
Improvements from state grants applied for by Roseto Borough, owners of the Faith Christian School’s North Campus building:
– New Windows in 90% of the building; FCS purchased the windows in the gym
– Renovated main floor rest rooms
– New hard wood flooring for the second and third floor hallways (No more creaking!)
– New roofs
– Summer of 2021: new rest rooms on the third floor
Technology Grant from Brotherton Charitable Foundation: FCS is using the Brotherton grant to update our technology infrastructure, hardware, software, and curriculum to give our students and staff more engaging and collaborative communications, activities, and learning.
– replaced servers and hardware, run new wiring and added Wi-Fi boosters.
– purchased new curriculum, software, and equipment for classrooms.
Security Upgrades: School-wide Public Address Systems were installed in both North and South Campuses for operational and emergency communications within FCS.
Donated services and items:
– New lockers were donated, and Halterman’s Toyota sanded, primed, and painted some of our old lockers royal blue, making them look new. Thank you!
– New blinds were purchased for the 5th grade, 6th grade, and Music rooms.
– The Music room moved to room #109 across from the gym. Installation of new carpet was donated to help absorb sound and for better acoustics.
– FCS received a donation of 30 HP Pro-book laptops and 24 MS Surface tablets. Students love using the tablets, and the laptops replaced the teachers’ desktop computers.
– Almost all of North Campus has been painted with the help of volunteers and donated paint supplies. It will be finished this summer.
Self –Sustaining School – It is with great humbleness and thanksgiving that we tell you that FCS will end its fiscal budget year on June 30, 2021, with a surplus. Praise the Lord and AMEN! The FCS Board of Directors would like to express our sincere thanks to Mrs. Long for her leadership through difficult times, for all our teachers stepping up and doing more, and for all of you who gave sacrificially of your finances, talents, and time. The improvements to our playground, facilities, and technology have not only delighted our own students and staff, but also prospective parents. Our investments into marketing and development are making a difference, and people are saying good things about Faith Christian School throughout our community.
Last Chance to Give to Faith’s 20:20 Vision Campaign “His Mission, Their Future”– We are only $69,955 away from meeting our original goal of raising $880,000 over four years. Please consider giving to the 20:20 Vision campaign, so we can finish strong and meet our original goal of $880,000.
Faith Christian is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and your contributions are tax deductible. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Donations are available to be made online via PayPal by clicking the donate icon, all major credit cards are accepted through PayPal.
Checks should be made payable to Faith Christian School:
Faith Christian School
Attn: 20:20 Vision Campaign
122 Dante Street
Roseto, PA 18013
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! To the numerous friends that gave of their treasures, talent, and time to make this 20:20 Vision campaign an overwhelming success. What a blessing you are to FCS! It has been a privilege to watch God work miracles at FCS over the last four years. Our theme verse for this school year is very appropriate: “Thus far the Lord has helped us.” ~1 Samuel 7:12 Praise be to the Lord! What a GREAT way to celebrate FCS’s 40th anniversary with you!
In His Service, The FCS Board of Directors
Mr. Justin Blair, Mrs. Angela Fox, Mr. Steve Metzgar, Pastor Matthew Whistler