Current Teaching Opportunities at FCS
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
Instructional Staff Application
The ideal candidate would have earned a B.S/B.A. Degree in Music Education with successful student teaching experience and a definite call to teach in a Christian School. In addition, the candidate must be a mature born again Christian believer, capable of modeling exemplary Christian character and leadership befitting a teacher of a Christian school.
The main duties and responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
1. Teach effectively, a full range of students, in Music Theory and Chorus from K-12th grade.
2. Plan, instruct, and lead student musical performances.
3. Develop individual and small group ensembles for grades 7-12th
4. Instruct and coach student-led (9-12th) contemporary worship team for chapels.
5. Provide lessons on various music instruments.
6. Coordinate special music and/or worship for special events such as association meetings, and graduation.
7. Present and review the history of music in a classroom setting for 12th grade over one quarter.
8. Maintain all music equipment and curriculum.
9. Develop spiritual maturity of each student through integrating, applying and communicating Biblical truth.
10. A positive Christian testimony should be reflected in the selection of music performed and taught.
Faith Christian School is an independent, parent-governed, Christian school established in 1980 to provide a Christ-centered education for students K-12th grade. Located in Northeastern Pennsylvania, one mile north of Bangor, PA, and eight miles south of Stroudsburg, PA. Faith Christian School has been serving the Christian communities of the Pocono Mountains, Slate Belt, Eastern New Jersey, and the Lehigh Valley regions for 40 years. With students from 10 school districts and over 50 churches, Faith Christian School has a diverse and outstanding population of approximately 160 students.